Buying My Art
Terms & Conditions – (SUBJECT TO UK LAW)
All drawings and paintings for sale on this site, event, or commission are produced are offered in ‘portrait’ view up (tall and thin), or ‘landscape’ way up (wide & short). They are then either supplied – either with or without mount, frame or no frame, glass, or a plexi-glass/pvc equivalent to protect the artwork.
- The orientation of the drawing will be left to the Daniel Screen’s (The Artist/DS ART) discretion unless otherwise specified when making your commission or buying online.
- Please note all commissions undertaken will only be quoted in writing. Verbal quotes are only given for estimated costs.
- ALL COMMISSIONS UNDERTAKEN MUST BE IN WRITING. An email from the client of ‘go ahead’ are taken as a contract to proceed with the art piece.
- *An additional charge for additional elements within a composition maybe required if your chosen commission has an additional subject, more of the body/figure or a background. These charges are due to the increase in time required to render more complex compositions. This charge will be agreed and paid along with the deposit before work on the commission begins.
- Some commissions may be subject to a deposit upfront and this is discussed at commissioning stage.
- Any deposit if required, is held until work is completed. If, through no fault of ‘The Artist, a commission balance & P&P costs are not paid in full within one month of its completion the portrait will be cancelled and the full deposit, inclusive of any additional charges, will not be refunded.
- Any commissions NOT paid for or claimed after 1 month, can be resold, altered, or destroyed.
- On completion of your commission you will be contacted to complete payment via Bank transfer (BACS), Cheque, or Paypal. Please note cheques can take 5 working days to clear and should be made payable to ‘Daniel Screen’.
- Completed artwork will only be dispatched once the balance, which includes postage & packaging, has been paid & monies cleared.
- Commissions are posted either Royal Mail or bespoke courier. If framed with glass, these will only be via a dedicated courier, due to risk of damage. This includes if delivery by Daniel Screen (subject to additional cost).
- Most glass frames I will change out to be supplied with a clear plexiglass equivalent or pvc to mitigate risk of damage in transit.
- I offer bespoke local framing subject to additional cost, and approval of frame profile. Leadtimes for bespoke framing will be discussed on a project-by-project basis.
- All delivery costs are subject to increases over time from Royal Mail, or Courier with UK inflation.
- As standard I gift wrap all artwork. I can add a customised message i.e birthday message to the labelling if required.
- Due to my artistic approach and the physical properties of media used, the outcome of a commissioned drawing or painting is likely to move beyond a ‘photorealistic’ copy of a photograph. Colour, hue, texture, light and tone may be manipulated at the artist’s discretion in order to present a subject which focuses on personality and character.
- At any point during a commission, if the Artist does not receive a needed reply from the Client within two weeks (14 days), the commission may be cancelled. If payment has already been received in whole or part, full or partial refunds are left to the Artist’s discretion depending on the amount of work already completed, and charged accordingly.
- Leadtimes for all undertaken work are minimum 1 month from ‘go ahead’ but due to work constraints, holidays, and any unforeseen circumstances, I will inform the client by email, text, or call in first instance where possible.
- Leadtimes for ALL printed items i.e t-shirts for example can take approx. 7-10 working days from printing house.
- When commissioning artwork, especially portraits/life drawing/pet portraits, and landscapes, the client is paying for the time, materials and expertise to create the work. In the unlikely event that a client is unhappy with the commissioned drawing or painting, the artist may offer to alter where possible the commission. The artwork should be returned to the artist at the client’s expense. If the client decides to reject the outcome of the work, on returning the artwork to the artist, the money paid as the balance will be refunded. All monies paid as deposit, *additional element and postage charges will not be refunded.
- I take no responsibility for any future damages caused to artwork once received.
- To ensure maximum enjoyment from the art purchased, ensure no chemicals are used to clean the artwork, frame or mount. Ensure artwork is not subject to extreme heat changes, or strong sunlight. I cannot guarantee the lightfastness of any medium or surface used.
- All payments taken by myself in person or via the website, is very a secure encrypted site, and I used Paypal, and Stripe for all card payments.
- I reserve the right to advertise and promote any artwork bought or commissioned to go onto my website, and social media platforms.
- I reserve the right, at my sole discretion, to update, change or replace any part of these Terms of Service by posting updates and changes to my website. It is your responsibility to check my website periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to my website or the Service following the posting of any changes to these Terms of Service constitutes acceptance of those changes
- DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
I do not guarantee, represent or warrant that your use of our service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free.
I do not warrant that the results that may be obtained from the use of the service will be accurate or reliable.
You agree that from time to time I may remove the service for indefinite periods of time or cancel the service at any time, without notice to you.
You expressly agree that your use of, or inability to use, the service is at your sole risk. The service and all products and services delivered to you through the service are (except as expressly stated by us) provided ‘as is’ and ‘as available’ for your use, without any representation, warranties or conditions of any kind, either express or implied, including all implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, merchantable quality, fitness for a particular purpose, durability, title, and non-infringement.
- In no case shall DS ART, our directors, officers, employees, affiliates, agents, contractors, interns, suppliers, service providers or licensors be liable for any injury, loss, claim, or any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special, or consequential damages of any kind, including, without limitation lost profits, lost revenue, lost savings, loss of data, replacement costs, or any similar damages, whether based in contract, tort (including negligence), strict liability or otherwise, arising from your use of any of the service or any products procured using the service, or for any other claim related in any way to your use of the service or any product, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of the service or any content (or product) posted, transmitted, or otherwise made available via the service, even if advised of their possibility. Because some states or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or the limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, in such states or jurisdictions, our liability shall be limited to the maximum extent permitted by UNITED KINGDOM law.
Questions about any of the above Terms of Service should be sent to me at firstname.lastname@example.org